First Abu Dhabi Bank – FAB
The First Abu Dhabi Bank offers all three new generation eDirham cards: Hala, Gold and Signature. These can be applied for and recharged through any of FAB’s multiple online and offline channels
- Maximum credit limit for Hala card: AED 10000
- For Gold card: AED 2 million
- For Signature card: AED 10 million (individual customers) AED 100 million (corporate customers)
How to apply
You can apply for the new generation eDirham cards from the following channels :
- FAB bank’s official website
- FAB bank’s branches
- Hala card available through distribution channels (50 DCs) with more than 150 outlets.
- FAB bank’s official app and internet banking*
- Payit mobile app. To know more visit https://payit.ae/edirham-instant/
- Hala: AED 10 (branch and distribution channels) AED 25 (with courier)
- Gold: AED 25
- Signature card for individuals & businesses: AED 25
To apply online, fill in the form on the respective page of the new generation card of your choice: Hala, Gold or Signature
What documents are required?
To purchase the new generation eDirham card by FAB bank, the following documents are required:
- Hala - No documents required and available immediately.
- Gold - Emirates ID/passport , Application form and FATCA form
- Signature Individual - Emirates ID/Application form/FTACA form and Proof of address
- Signature Corporate: Emirates ID/Application form/Trade license/Power of Attorney/FATCA and Proof of address.
*You will receive your Gold or Signature card within 5 days.
How to activate your eDirham card purchased from FAB bank
“You can do it through FAB CDMs, FAB branches, FAB online banking or Distribution channels”
How to recharge/top-up the eDirham card
The new generation eDirham card by First Abu Dhabi Bank can be recharged at:
- FAB CDMs and branches.
- Distribution channels (50 DCs) with more than 150 outlets.
- FTS bank transfer.
- FAB mobile app and Online banking for retail*
- FAB iBanking and Nafura for corporate*
- Payit mobile app*
*Service will be available soon.
How to redeem the balance in your old G2 eDirham Al Hasla card
You can redeem any funds still available on your old eDirham card by:
- Withdrawing the card balance using any FAB ATM or at a branch
- Transferring he funds to your FAB account
- Transferring the balance to your new generation eDirham card by FAB
- Transferring the balance to your Payit digital wallet (which can also be used for the eDirham Instant app)
For more information on the process, terms and conditions, features & benefits of eDirham cards by the First Abu Dhabi bank, please visit: https://www.bankfab.com/en-ae/personal/prepaid-cards/edirham